Welcome…foodies and epicureans alike, on a journey through life’s endless pleasures. This blog is dedicated to the few passions I have in life; Food, Flesh and Fun.

Though I have just recently started this blog, I will be posting experiences spanning almost a decade of decadence. So sit tight, and prepare to be assaulted with a smorgasbord of gore and bliss.

I do hope you enjoy the journey, and take everything with a pinch of salt ; )


Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mayass

Mixed feelings about this place, very mixed. Food wise, I must admit that it does strike a few notes for originality and quality, especially on the Kabab with Cherries, and the Quail Eggs on Basterma.

But I have never actually enjoyed myself there. It’s almost impossible to find parking space outside (I rarely valet my babies), it’s an extremely stuffy environment (I do suffer from mild claustrophobia), and the service is not the friendliest in town; especially when I get the Maitre D’ giving me a lesson in the differences between Armenian and Lebanese food.

And to top it off, that old man with the guitar is a vision of death. Retire gracefully my friend, and leave us to eat in peace. But the food, oh that Kabab, is worth the pain. The real problem is that the moment my Saudi friends come to town, it goes without say that dinner is at Mayass at least a few times a week. Yalla, fadakom shabab.

No comments:

Post a Comment