Welcome…foodies and epicureans alike, on a journey through life’s endless pleasures. This blog is dedicated to the few passions I have in life; Food, Flesh and Fun.

Though I have just recently started this blog, I will be posting experiences spanning almost a decade of decadence. So sit tight, and prepare to be assaulted with a smorgasbord of gore and bliss.

I do hope you enjoy the journey, and take everything with a pinch of salt ; )


Monday, August 2, 2010

Margherita

Another love/hate relationship we have going on here. The problem is, is that I’m a sucker for great food, and would basically do anything, shy of selling my kidney, for a memorable dish.

Margherita serves some truly memorable pizza. Hands down, in my humble opinion, the best in Lebanon. The crust…OH THAT CRUST. Perfectly charred base, crispy edges and wonderful consistency. Don’t bother ordering anything else, the star here is the pizza.

Just ask my posse of Margherita aficionados: ATF, KSAF, STF, KSA, Chic, SMA and Monty. It’s their first port of call upon landing in Beirut.

Of course, you’re waiting for the “hate” part of this relationship. Well besides the ‘Evil Trinity’ that plagues many of Beirut’s best restaurants (no parking, claustrophobic setting, and bad service), this one suffers from another symptom. One of my old teachers at EHL put it so eloquently as: “if the fish smells, it’s usually from the head”. Need I say more ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment