Welcome…foodies and epicureans alike, on a journey through life’s endless pleasures. This blog is dedicated to the few passions I have in life; Food, Flesh and Fun.

Though I have just recently started this blog, I will be posting experiences spanning almost a decade of decadence. So sit tight, and prepare to be assaulted with a smorgasbord of gore and bliss.

I do hope you enjoy the journey, and take everything with a pinch of salt ; )


Sunday, August 1, 2010

Cocteau "Chic"

This is a very fancy French brasserie in Ashrafieh, where the walls are covered with French artists' doodles and there's a waiter per person. Tatler Magazine called Cocteau "the prettiest restaurant in Beirut." It has quickly become my favorite steak place since coming back from Lausanne. The Cote de Boeuf is sick, the pommes Dauphinoise is creamy, and their Fondant au Chocolat is heavenly. But this haunt has haunted me ever since it was the scene of an ugly company incident, when I was blackmailed by one of my old partners into buying them out. Shame though, a brilliant restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment