Welcome…foodies and epicureans alike, on a journey through life’s endless pleasures. This blog is dedicated to the few passions I have in life; Food, Flesh and Fun.

Though I have just recently started this blog, I will be posting experiences spanning almost a decade of decadence. So sit tight, and prepare to be assaulted with a smorgasbord of gore and bliss.

I do hope you enjoy the journey, and take everything with a pinch of salt ; )


Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Brgr.co

My passion for burgers is unreal. I have based 3-week road trips in the US around burger joints I wanted to try out. From Shake Shack to Burger Joint, the Spotted Pig to WhataBurger, Gramercy Tavern to Minetta Tavern. The latter is, in my opinion, the home of planet earth’s most delicious burger.

This is quite a bold statement coming from me. But consider this; I once took a 7 hour flight to NYC just because I was craving their flagship “Pat La Frieda Black Label burger”. But I will cover that experience in another post, another very lengthy post.

The only burger in Lebanon that even comes close to the Black Label burger is found at Brgr.co. And believe me, it comes real close. Housed in what used to be Tribeca in Monot, Brgr.co kept all the charm of the old joint. The first time I tried them out, I walked in around 11:30pm, 30 minutes before the kitchen closed. The chef game a look, and the service staff were less than pleased. Anyway, T. and I found a comfy table, and ordered the usual classic cheeseburger. To my surprise, they offer 2 sizes. The 4 ounce and 6 ounce. Moreover, they claim that the 6 ounce is made from their special butcher cuts. No prizes for guessing what I went for.

A few minutes later, our order came up. Very standard presentation: cardboard tray, chequered cloth paper, brown paper bag of fries, and to my pleasant surprise, toppings on the side. The burger comes naked, always sign of good things to come. And boy did they ever. The first bight, I remember it as if it were yesterday, literally exploded in my mouth. I was bombarded with a mouthful of meaty juices, coupled with heavily charred pieces of crust. The bun was having a hard time containing all the love oozing out of the fat patty. I was in burger heaven. The after taste of the burger stays with you long after you’ve left Brgr.co, and that’s a good thing.

Did I come back for more? Well let’s just say that for the next 7 days, I ate over 12 of their 6 ounce burgers. The week after, I brought everybody there, from friends to family. Ramzi the Chef even promised me a “customer of the month” portrait. Still waiting mate ; ) Hands down, the greatest burger this fine country has ever seen.

(Photos courtesy of Brgr.co)

No comments:

Post a Comment